Sunday, December 28, 2014

Post-Christmas Clean Eating

I don't know about you, but I think I ate my weight in delicious food over the Christmas holiday. From the short rib lasagna roll-ups that I made on Christmas Eve, to the stuffing and turkey and crab imperial and Brussels with bacon I ate on Christmas day, my body was feeling it. While my waistline hasn't suffered my energy definitely has, so last night for dinner I wanted something very, very healthy. I noticed that I desperately wanted some greens and some fish. Funny how your body craves the good stuff when you haven't been eating well, even if just for a few days. Today's recipe is one that Justin has made before but I have never had it until last night. It's so easy I wouldn't even call it a recipe.

To start, take two salmon fillets and lay them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Season with salt, then top with chopped fresh basil. Then layer with thin tomato slices, drizzle with olive oil, and top with shredded mozzarella or parmesan cheese. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes until cheese is browned on top. That's it!





I served this with greens lightly dressed in Italian dressing. It was very tasty and my body was definitely thanking me for the healthy fuel!

No comments:

Post a Comment