Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Piece a Pizza

Yesterday I needed to run some errands in the city for Christmas, but unfortunately was without my car since it's in the shop after hitting a deer on Sunday. My awesome dad graciously took off of work to help me get a rental car and coordinate getting my car to the shop and was more than happy to let me take him and his car into the city to do my errands. He is the best.

Since I dragged him all the way into the city I figured I would take him to lunch for one of his favorite foods: pizza. BOP Brick Oven Pizza in Fells Point has been somewhere I've been wanting to go but the timing has never been quite right. This place has been featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives and has also been frequented by celebrities like Kevin Bacon and Melissa Etheridge.

We arrived right when they opened at 11 (we're early birds) and ordered one of their specialty pizzas, the Barbeque Chicken and Shrimp. You can choose between regular or thin crust and we picked regular. The pizza took less than 15 minutes to prepare and you really can't beat a pizza that's fresh out of the oven, especially a brick oven, which is prominently displayed right behind their counter.

The pizza had a sweet barbeque sauce base with green peppers, onions, barbeque chicken, and shrimp and was covered in mozzarella cheese. This pizza was so. good. The flavors were great, it was hot and gooey, and picking the regular crust was an excellent choice. It was doughy without being overly so and had the best fresh baked flavor.



There are many other specialty pizzas to choose from, or you can opt to build your own slice. I would love to go back to try their white clam option as well as several others. I'm so sad that BOP isn't closer to home, along with its other triple D buddy Joe Squared. It's hard to find good, unique pizza out this way. But then again, for my waistline, maybe it's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment