Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Trisha Yearwood's Power Balls

I'm sure by now you've figured out that I have a horrible sweet tooth. I am cursed with the need to eat something sweet after I've consumed something salty. Sometimes I can resist but others I am helpless. In an effort to still be able to satisfy the sweet tooth without sacrificing my health, I made these Trisha Yearwood Power Balls that I came across while watching an episode of her show last week. Trisha Yearwood cooks you say? Yes! And her recipes are pretty delicious.

You will need:

2 cups of old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup of extra-crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup of honey
1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup of dried cranberries
1/2 cup of sunflower seeds (make sure you find these pre-shelled! I didn't and ended up skipping them because they were too much of a hassle)
2 tablespoons of flax seeds


Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until combined. Cover and set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.


Line a baking sheet with a wax paper and shape into balls. Refrigerate for another 30 minutes before serving. 


These are really really good and I'm happy to say so far have definitely helped with my sweet tooth. Justin also really likes them and has been eating them left and right. I plan on making a lot more of these in the future!






No comments:

Post a Comment