Wednesday, July 2, 2014

When Chicken Meets Shrimp

On Sunday I drove home from Ocean City, MD, 3 hours in the car, and when I got home decided that I wasn't tired (even though I actually was exhausted) and wanted to cook a nice dinner for myself. Enter today's recipe, courtesy of Pinterest. I hadn't made myself chicken in a while but I was also still craving seafood from the beach. I did some searching and found the following perfect combo: Garlic Shrimp Stuffed Chicken Breast. Doesn't that just sound yummy? I was also still feeling lazy and broke and already had 3 of the ingredients so it was the perfect thing to make.
 
You will need:
 
Panko breadcrumbs
2 eggs
Flour
Chicken spice (you can choose whatever you desire)
Shredded Italian Cheese
Garden vegetable cream cheese
1 package of thin sliced chicken breasts
2 cups of small shrimp
Butter
Garlic Plus or garlic powder
 
First things first, preheat your oven to 400 and defrost and peel your shrimp. Then heat about 2 tablespoons of butter over medium high heat in a skillet. Once the butter has melted add in your garlic powder (just eyeball) and toss in the shrimp, coating and cooking for 5 minutes or until the shrimp are pink.
 
While the shrimp are cooling, beat 2 eggs in a bowl, pour your flour in a bowl, and spread the Panko breadcrumbs on a plate, being sure to season with more garlic powder and your chicken spice (I just used all-purpose seasoning). 



Once your shrimp have cooled diced them up with a sharp knife, but be sure not to make them too small or mash them.
 



Next, dip your chicken in the eggs, flour, and breadcrumbs, then place them on a cutting board. Spread the cream cheese on one side (it will be tough with Panko on both sides but if you try to spread it with just the egg mixture it won't stick), then sprinkle your Italian cheese and the shrimp on top.
 





















Roll your chicken up and place seam side down in a baking dish. You can use a large toothpick or cooking string to hold them together if you have it.
 
Bake for 40 minutes and voila!


 
These were easy to make and very tasty, satisfying both cravings that I had. The Panko was also nice and crunchy. The recipe called for 4 chicken breasts but my package had 6 and I had more than enough shrimp to cook them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment