Thursday, July 24, 2014

Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes

This past Monday was your typical Monday. I had taken my car to Jiffy Lube the day before just for your run-of-the-mill oil change and almost immediately afterward my AC stopped working. Noooooooo! Unsure of what happened, I took it back to Jiffy Lube first thing Monday morning and fortunately they took a look at it free of charge and fixed it! Turns out my car is just a diva and super sensitive to any offset no matter how small. 

Now that I was awake before I wanted to be, I decided that rather than just eating a boring Clif bar for breakfast I would make my man and myself something substantial. Enter Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes. I had wanted to make these for a while but really just never got around to it. My man loves anything with protein in it, gym rat that he is, so this was perfect! 

You will need:

1 banana
1/2 cup of oats
1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt
1/2 of unsweetened almond milk or cow's milk
2 egg whites
2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter (We use Jif)
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
2 tablespoons of flax seed meal
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
Fresh berries and maple syrup for garnish

To start, get your griddle heating over medium high heat and assemble ingredients. 


Grab your food processor and toss everything in except for the berries and syrup.

Puree until smooth.


Spray your griddle with cooking spray and pour on the batter 1/4 cup at a time. 



Repeat process until all the batter is gone, then top with berries and syrup and serve! These are gluten free and also freeze really well so you can continue to eat them for a while! 


No comments:

Post a Comment