Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Mangia! (Well, at least for 2 of us)

Last night my guy and I and my parents met up for a casual dinner at a local restaurant in Eldersburg, MD called Liberatore's. This location is just one of 6 in the Baltimore area, so chances are you're probably pretty close to one if you live around here.

Liberatore's is largely an Italian restaurant, but there are plenty of other offerings if that's not what you're interested in. In fact, my mom and I both chose something that wasn't remotely Italian.

When ordering drinks for the dinner all the waitress had to say was sangria and my mom and I knew what we were having (sadly I forgot to take a picture). The boys both went for a Blue Moon. White sangria has to be one of my favorite drinks and this one didn't disappoint; it was both cool and refreshing.

The waitress barely talked us into an appetizer of shrimp and crab cocktail with HUGE chunks of jumbo lump crabmeat and mammoth shrimp, which were seasoned very well.

Hi Dad!
At this Liberatore's location on Tuesday nights they offer a lobster special. You get a 7oz lobster tail topped with crab imperial, greenbeans and carrots, a house salad, and dessert for only $23. This is what my mom and I both chose (see, not Italian. My mom and I both can't resist our seafood). The crab imperial on top of the lobster wasn't too rich and there was plenty of it. The lobster tail was juicy and nothing tastes better than dipping lobster into melted butter. The greenbeans and carrots were seasoned with garlic and butter and were delicious. There wasn't anything on my plate I didn't like.
The boy initially wanted the cheese ravioli but the waitress talked him into the crab. I stole a bite off of his and talk about yummy. They serve theirs with a cream based tomato sauce, which you never have to pull my leg to eat. His plate was cleaned in I swear 5 minutes. My dad chose spaghetti with meat sauce (I told you he really likes his spaghetti).

Here is the boy's crab ravioli:
Usually we don't order dessert but since it came with my mom and I's entrees we did have it. Neither of the boys wanted any but my mom and I got a choice of cannoli or Oreo cake and we both chose the cannoli. Sure the boys said they didn't want any but guess who ate at least a third of my cannoli...

You can't go wrong with cannoli at an Italian restaurant. It's creamy and rich with a nice crunch.
I highly recommend checking out a Liberatore's if you haven't already been to one. As I write this post I have big plans for a homemade dinner tonight and I'm cooking something I've never made before. Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment