Monday, June 16, 2014

I'll Take a Shot of Cupcake

Kupcakes and Co. in Elkridge, MD is quickly becoming one of my cupcake hotspots. What's most intriguing is their creative, seasonal flavors that correspond to the holiday of the moment. I first tried an Old Bay cupcake over Memorial Day weekend (mentioned in a previous post) and was pleasantly surprised at how good it turned out to be. So when I saw they were featuring Jack and Coke and Sam Adams cupcakes for Father's Day I knew I had to get my hands on some.

I have now become a person that preorders cupcakes. It was bound to happen at some point (no shame). I highly recommend it though because Kupcakes and Co. sells out quickly and for good reason.

Pictured here is the Jack and Coke:
How awesome are those candy "ice cubes" on top? I pulled off some of the vanilla cake first to get a whiff of the Jack Daniels that the cake was soaked in. You can definitely tell it's there but it's not too overpowering. The frosting is a Coca Cola buttercream, delicious! Their cupcakes are always consistently very moist and the frosting creamy and fresh. Even if you don't really care for whiskey the taste is so mild I think you would enjoy it.

Here is the Sam Adams:
Again with the great garnishes, this time with a pretzel. This cupcake is not for you if you don't like beer. After ripping off a piece of the cake you can smell the beer pretty strongly, more so than the Jack and Coke. It's topped with a white chocolate buttercream with a few drizzles of honey. I know the concept of beer in a cupcake seems a little foreign but it's actually quite good!

While I was there I also wanted to sample some flavors off their new summer menu, so I chose Strawberry Lime-a-rita and S'mores (there was a little bit of a booze theme this time). Both were equally as good as the others, with chunks of real strawberries in the cake of the former and a graham cracker crust and marshmallow frosting on the latter. Loved the toasted look on the s'mores, just like campfire marshmallows!
If you haven't yet been to Kupcakes and Co. I highly urge you to. You won't be able to get the Jack and Coke and Sam Adams cupcakes because they were only available Father's Day weekend, but they offer 12 signature, four specialty, and two boutique flavors every day so there's lots to choose from! I look forward to their next holiday offerings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment