Saturday, June 27, 2015

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls

It's always hard to wake myself up to reset myself for work, but it's especially difficult on a dreary, rainy Saturday when all I want to do is lay in my bed and watch movies or read a book. Since I don't have that option today I decided that I would make a healthy snack/dessert to bring with me to work for the weekend.

I've made a variation of these before with more ingredients but this time I wanted something simple. You can never go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter (unless you have a nut allergy in which case I'm truly sorry for you). Peanut butter oatmeal balls pack enough protein and sweetness to give you energy and carry you through until your next meal. 

You will need:

1 cup oats
1/4 cup flaxseed meal 
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (or more or less depending on how chocolaty you want them to be)

Simply dump all of the above ingredients in a bowl, mix well, and roll into balls. I was able to get 12 out of this mixture, you may be able to make a few more depending on how large you make them.



Put them on a baking sheet lined with wax paper and place in the fridge until they become more solid. You can also freeze these to eat later. 




No comments:

Post a Comment