Thursday, March 19, 2015

Starting Over

The blog has been on a major hiatus while I settle into my new life and get used to my new(ish) kitchen. Over the last few days though I have really felt like and had the time to start cooking again and I can't wait to share everything I'm making with you all! I'm still missing quite a few of my favorite kitchen gadgets, especially my chef's knife (makes me want to cry! haha), but I'm pushing through!

I'm trying to make a conscious effort to eat as healthy as possible so I've been making lots of my favorite healthy food items, which largely consists of seafood. Lots of good proteins and hardly any fat! My mother however is not helping by making this decadent and delicious seafood lasagna that was taunting me every time I opened the fridge. Seriously so good. I also may have eaten a St. Patrick's Day cupcake for breakfast. Nobody's perfect.

Last night before I headed off to work for a trauma documentation class I made Giada's Broiled Tilapia with Mustard-Chive Sauce. This took me about 5 minutes and was really, really good.

To start, set the broiler on HI and let it preheat. Grease a baking dish with cooking spray, season how ever many tilapia filets you like with olive oil and salt and pepper and broil for about 6-8 minutes.


While your fish is cooking mix a 1/4 cup of plain, nonfat Greek yogurt, 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard, and 2 teaspoons of honey in a medium bowl. Stir until smooth, then add in 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of chives, salt and pepper, and whisk, It should be slightly runny but not too watery.

Drizzle the sauce over the fish and serve! The sauce would also be great over chicken if you don't like seafood.


1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! Thanks for posting this - I might make it one of these days. Not too many ingredients.

    ReplyDelete