Saturday, March 21, 2015

Crab-Stuffed Avocados

Last week the gorgeous weather had me in such a good mood that I splurged a little bit on some jumbo lump crabmeat to make a dish that I've had saved on my Pinterest for a while but was waiting to make until it fit with the season. It's just too weird to eat crab stuffed avocados in the dead of winter!

My mother being the New Englander and seafood lover that she is was naturally excited when I called after walking around Centennial Lake to say don't make anything for dinner, I've got it covered.

To start, dice 1/2 a red onion, 1/2 a green bell pepper, 1/2 a red bell pepper, and 1/2 a cucumber. The recipe also called for radishes, which I bought, but ended up leaving out because they didn't seem quite right.

Mix the cooked crabmeat with the vegetables and the juice of two limes, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and salt and pepper.

Cut the avocados in half. The recipe recommends you peel the avocados prior to serving but I chose to leave the skin on. Fill the avocado halves with the crabmeat mixture and top with some chopped chives. That's it!


This dish is so easy to prepare and it made tons of leftovers, which my mom chose to use to top some baked chicken the next night. My father and his notoriously picky self also really liked the filling though he skipped the avocado.


No comments:

Post a Comment