Sunday, February 22, 2015

Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp

This week we've been on a Giada kick with the recipes. Today's was suggested to me by a friend and after perusing the fridge I made it spontaneously because I just happened to have all of the ingredients in the house. I've been looking for lighter, healthier recipes and this one for lemon spaghetti fit the bill. I added in shrimp to give it protein and make it a little more interesting.

To start, cook your shrimp over medium heat in one tablespoon of olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper. While your shrimp are cooking boil one pound of whole grain spaghetti noodles and drain, reserving the pasta water.


In a large bowl mix 2/3 cup of olive oil (I cut it down to 1/2 cup because I didn't want it to be too oily), 2/3 cup of grated Parmesan, 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of lemon zest, and salt and pepper. Add in the spaghetti and shrimp, about 1/4 of the pasta water, and some chopped fresh parsley or basil. You can add more pasta water if you need to.





Top with a little extra Parmesan and parsley and serve!


This dish doesn't make you feel guilty about eating pasta between the whole grains and the light, non-sugary sauce. It was reminiscent of warmer temps, something I'm very much looking forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment