Monday, November 17, 2014

Water for Chocolate

This past Saturday a friend and I headed into the city for lunch to a place that has long been on my bucket list to try, Water for Chocolate. It's a little hole-in-the-wall in the Butcher's Hill neighborhood and only has about seven tables, so if you go be prepared to wait a bit. When we initially arrived we were told that the wait was about 25-30 minutes, but I don't think we waited more than 10 minutes.

The menu is described as "sexy comfort cuisine" and lots of Southern staples are present such as shrimp and grits and catfish. You can also order breakfast all day or pick from sandwiches and entrees with a generous offering of sides.


I had my sights set on the goat cheese mac and cheese, one of the sides, so I ordered the tilapia filet with the mac and cheese and brussels with bacon. I did enjoy the flavor of the mac and cheese, however I would have liked a little more of the goat cheese. You could definitely tell it was there but it's usually such a standout and I didn't get as much of it as I would've liked to. The brussels were fantastic. They put their own spin on them with small cubes of roasted red pepper, an interesting addition that worked. The tilapia filet was rubbed with spices and topped with roasted red peppers and was very good.


Keegan ordered the pulled pork with parmesan grits and also the goat cheese mac and cheese. The grits were to die for, extremely cheesy and melted in your mouth. I didn't try her pulled pork but she said she liked the flavor. Keegan's only critique was that while the flavor was there in everything she tried, her entire plate was a little cold.


Overall the experience here was great and I will definitely be back to try some more things!

No comments:

Post a Comment