Monday, November 24, 2014

Crockpot Thai Chicken Soup

On Friday before I took my nap for the afternoon for night shift, I decided to make a soup in the crockpot that I could cook while I was asleep. I found this recipe for crockpot Thai chicken soup for which I already had most of the ingredients in my fridge.

You will need:

2 tablespoons of red curry paste
2 12 ounce cans of coconut milk
2 cups of chicken stock
2 tablespoons of fish sauce
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of peanut butter
1 1/2 pounds of chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 heaping tablespoon of fresh ginger, minced
1 cup of frozen peas, thawed
1 tablespoon lime juice
Cilantro for garnish
Cooked white rice (optional)


To start, add the first 6 ingredients to the crockpot and whisk to combine. Then add in the chicken, onions, pepper, and ginger and mix well. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.

After 4 hours add in the peas and cook for another 30 minutes. Add in the lime juice and stir to combine, then serve garnished with cilantro and lime wedges. You can eat this on it's own or over rice.




No comments:

Post a Comment