Monday, October 5, 2015

Cheese Ravioli with Pumpkin Alfredo

My 25th birthday is coming up in a few weeks and my big treat is a new KitchenAid mixer. It's currently sitting in it's box in the living room, taunting me with it's cool aqua color and shiny stainless steel. But alas, I'm not allowed to use it until it is officially my birthday, and homemade pastas are just going to have to wait until then.

What do you do when you can't make something from scratch? You cheat. One of the very rare times it's acceptable.

In this case, I cheated with frozen ravioli. I can't wait to be able to make my own but these are a perfectly good substitute. Any brand will do, round or square, pick your favorite.

I had at least half of a large can of pumpkin puree left after the donuts from last week that I hated to see go to waste so I trolled Pinterest for a savory dish to make with the leftovers. When I stumbled upon this recipe for cheese ravioli with pumpkin alfredo, I could just feel my mouth start to water.

It's the easiest thing to make and I guarantee you're going to want to eat it all fall and winter.

The recipe can be found here: www.tasteandtellblog.com/ravioli-pumpkin-alfredo-recipe/

Side note: To toast pine nuts and walnuts, preheat the oven to 375, spread them out evenly on a rimmed baking sheet, and toast for 5-10 until golden brown.

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this dish. The herbs and the nutmeg come together with the pumpkin and parmesan to make a creamy, fragrant sauce that smells like fall, and the nuts add crunchy texture. It also made plenty to feed the entire family. This dish was a standout and can be tweaked easily depending on what you prefer. It's very easy but looks fancy!



No comments:

Post a Comment